Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, ABUTH Nursing/Health Programmes Admission has started. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for General Nursing, Post-basic Nursing programmes, Health Information Management, Biomedical Engineering, Community Health Officers(CHO) & Fellowship of Medical Laboratory Sciences offered at Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, ABUTH for the 2021/2022 academic session.
1. School of Nursing
ABUTH Nursing and Health Programmes Admission, 2021/2022
This college offers a three (3) year basic general nursing training to suitable candidates of not less than 18 years and not more than 26 years of age.Those wishing to apply must have the following:
Possess Minimum of 5 Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology at not more than two sittings.
Entrance Examination and Interview:
• Candidates who satisfy the basic entry requirements shall be required to sit for an entrance examination and selection interview thereafter.
• Only candidates short-listed will appear for the selection interview.
• The Selection process will include essay writing followed by oral interview.
• Candidates selected for admission shall be required to pass a medical examination for fitness.
Successful candidates MUST live in the Nurses’ hostel
2. School of Post-Basic Nursing Programmes
The school runs Post Basic Programmes like Midwifery, Ophthalmic and Paediatrics and Anaesthesia.
Those who wish to apply for any of the programme must possess:-
a. Midwifery Course:- This is eighteen (18) months duration and eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE, WAEC/NECO or GCE which should include among others English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science Subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) at not more than two sittings. Candidates must also be registered Nurse (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and have current License to practice.
b. Ophthalmic Nursing Course:
Time : One year Programme and candidates wishing to enroll must be qualified registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and midwifery Council of Nigeria with at least one year post qualification experience and have current License to practice.
Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant course could be an advantage.
In addition to the above, candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE/WAEC/NECO or GCE which should include among others, English language, mathematics, Physics, chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings.
c. Paediatric Nursing Course:
Duration: One (1) year programme and candidates who wants to apply must be registered Nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must have at least one year Post Qualification/Registration experience and have current License to practice.
Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant courses could be an advantage.
In additional to the above, candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE/WAEC/NECO/or GCE which should include among other, English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings
d. Anaesthesia Nursing Course:
Duration: is eighteen (18) months programme and candidates wishing to apply must be regustered Nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must have at least one year Post Qualificateion/Registration experience and have current License to practice.
Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant courses could be an advantage.
In additional to the above, eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE/WAEC/NECO/or GCE which should include among other, English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings
candidates will be requested to sit for a written aptitude test to be followed by an oral interview.
For the selection interview, candidates are to come along with the originals of all their certificates, license, evidence of sponsorship, certificates of workshop attended
3. School of Medical Laboratory Sciences
Special Fellowship of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria This is a Twenty-four (24) months course leading to the award of FMLSCN. Candidates wishing to apply must have :-
(a) Associate (AMLSCN) of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria BMLS plus a minimum of one (1)year post qualification experience.
(b) NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
(c) Current practicing license of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
(d) The programme is not residential successful candidates will be required to arrange for their own accommodation.
4. School of Health Information Management
National Diploma Course in Health Information Management
Duration: Two (2) years direct course for those with GCE ‘0’ Level or its equivalent and one year for those with Technician Certificate in Health Information Management of the Health Record Officers Registration Board of Nigeria.
1. Candidates for this programme must have WAEC, SSCE or NECO with passes at credit level in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics, Biology/Physic/ or Chemistry and any subject. All ND candidates must sit for JAMB and passes cut-off mark
2. For JAMB Candidates they must posses the JAMB cut-off marks.
Please note that:
(I) Selection of Candidates will be on the basis of academic qualification. A written examination and oral interview coupled with presentation of ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES.
(ii) There would be a Entrance Examination and Interview
Higher National Diploma in Health Information Management
Duration: Two (2) Years
Candidates must have obtained National Diploma in Health Information Management and registered with the health Records officers Registration Board of Nigeria and must have undergone an Industrial Training for one year in a reputable Hospital in addition to the basic entry requirement for the ND. There would be a Entrance Examination and Interview for short listed candidates.
5. School of Bio-Medical Engineering Technology
This is a two (2) year Course.those wishing to apply must have senior secondary school certificate (SSCE) or its equipment , WAEC, GCE, NECO, NABTEC) with passes at credit level in Mathematics. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least a pass in English Language at not more than two sittings. In addition, credit or ordinary pass in any of the following subjects will be an advantage. Wood work, sheet metal work. Auto Mechanic, Basic electronics, Basic Electricity and Technical Drawing.
This is a one (1)year course. Candidates with the following qualification are eligible for admission.
a. Candidates who have passed WAEC/SSCE with passes in Science subjects.
b. Intermediate Secondary Schools with Trade Test Grade [II] certificate and evidence of Secondary Education in the Sciences.
• Candidates who have the basic entry qualification will be required to sit for an entrance examination.
• Those successful at the entrance examination will attend selection interview thereafter.
• Candidates with evidence of guaranteed sponsorship will be given preference
• The course at present is non residential. Successful candidates will be required to arrange for their own accommodation.
6. Community Health Officers Training Programme (HND)
This course takes a minimum of two (2) years duration, workers that have been working in primary health care area are eligible for admission.
a. Holders of Diploma in Community Health with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience plus, five (5) credit level passes in SSCE (WASCE,
NECI,or GCE O’L) at not more that two sittingss, which must include, English Language, Mathematics and Biology/ Health Science. Community Health Extension
Workers five (5) Credit level in SSCE (WASCE, NECO or GCE O’L) at not more than two sitting, which must include: English Language, Mathematics and Biology/
b. Applicants must be registered and possess a valid practice license.
c. Two recent passport photograph
Entrance Examination and Interview;
Candidates who satisfy the Basic entry requirements shall be invited for an entrance examination after which successful ones would attend the selection interview immediately.
Candidates with evidence of guaranteed institutional sponsorship will be given preference, but limited vacancies exist for privately sponsored ones.
Method of Application
1.LOG ON TO http://apply.abuth.gov.ng
2. CLICK ON SIGNUP
3. CREATE YOUR PROFILE (Always ensure you write down your LogIn ID and Password as you will need it to log back in)
4. CHOOSE CHECK FORMS ON SALE or APPLY HERE
5. FROM THE LIST OF AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES CHOOSE BY CLICKING APPLY on the right end
6. Click APPLY
7. A transaction page will be displayed; Click GENERATE RRR at the bottom left of the page
8. A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will be generated on the page
9. NOTE: paying online activates your account imediately.
(I) To pay online (Master/Visa/Internet Banking) CLICK on PAYVIAREMITA.(After paying just refresh your page and continue from step-12)
(II) To pay through a Bank, print your Transaction-slip and proceed to any Commercial bank of your choice (Make sure the RRR Number appears on the slip
before printing and going to the bank)
10. After payment come back to the portAl http://apply.abuth.gov.ng
11. Click on LOGIN and enter the LOGIN ID and PASSWORD you created at step-3
12. Fill in all your details (Biodata, contact, Next of kin, Qualifications & passport Photo)
13. Finally submit and print your Slip
Note: All application forms cost only: N6,200 and All ABUTH applications are Online
Closing Date: The Closing date for all Programmes is May 30th 2021
For General enquiries(8:00am-6:00pm) call: or if you have any challenge with our online application please contact us on 08071455223,07081750333, email@example.com (or) firstname.lastname@example.org (whatsapp:+2348071455223)